Since 2001, Summit has provided customized search services to mission-based organizations in the education and nonprofit sectors. Our customers include colleges and universities, K-12 school districts, charter schools, associations, membership organizations, foundations, and more.
When an organization chooses to work with Summit, it engages in a proven, collaborative search process that helps clients:
- Promote and publicize their organization and employment opportunity
- Enhance the quantity and quality of their applicant pool
- Enhance the diversity of their applicant pool
- Streamline the work of the hiring team or search committee
- Ensure positive experiences for candidates by providing frequent communication
- Capture valuable market feedback and benchmarking data
While we offer a variety of service level options, following is a glimpse at the process we follow for a full-service comprehensive search:
Step 1: Preparation
- Position and needs are analyzed during an intake process that involves meetings with key stakeholders.
- Position prospectus and marketing materials are created and approved.
- Recruiting strategy is formulated.
Step 2: Recruitment
- Extensive, nationwide, inclusive sourcing strategies are employed that involve advertising, networking, and passive candidate outreach.
- Prospect research and specialized sourcing strategies are implemented and tracked.
Step 3: Evaluation
- Prospective candidates are screened and evaluated by Summit. Qualified candidates are presented to client and/or search committee.
- Clients can be provided a secure website to access materials and key documents.
- The option exists for search committees to utilize a specialized program to review and rate candidates online; Summit presents compiled results back to search committee for use as a decision-making tool.
Step 4: Initial Interviews
- Semifinalists are selected and interviewed.
- Finalists are recommended.
Step 5: Finalist Due Diligence
- Finalists are selected and on-campus interviews occur.
- Reference checking and background checks are implemented.
Step 6: Selection and Negotiation
- Campus feedback is assessed and selection decision is made.
- Offer is made and negotiated.
- Onboarding plan is discussed to ensure a successful transition.